He was born in Athens in 1947. He studied Printmaking and Ceramics at the Athens School of Fine Arts (1972-1976) under K. Grammatopoulos and G. Georgiou. His first solo exhibition was presented at the Ora Cultural Center in 1978. In 1986 he was awarded a three-year grant from the State Scholarship Foundation (IKY) for a postgraduate printmaking programme.
An emphasis on plastic qualities characterizes both his painting and his printmaking oeuvre. His subjects are usually familiar, with references to his everyday life or personal memories. However, they acquire a particular expressive intensity through the artistic process; places, objects and figures are being transformed to dreamlike images or schematized forms that poise between figurative art and abstraction. The artist sometimes ingeniously combines various printmaking and painting techniques with mixed media to achieve the desired colour and texture effects.
He is a lecturer at the Painting Studio of the Athens National Technical University (School of Architecture and Mechanical Engineering), where he teaches since 2007. He has also taught at the Printmaking Department of the Athens School of Fine Arts as a scientific advisor (1999-2007), as well as at various visual arts workshops and training schools.
He has presented over 20 solo exhibitions, mainly in Athens and Thessaloniki, and has participated in many group exhibitions in Greece and abroad. The Ministry of Culture, the Athens National Art Gallery, the Vorres Museum, various Municipalities, and other private and public collections owe some of his artworks.