Born in Constantinople in 1955, he studied at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Florence under C. Severa (1976-1979).
Upon graduating he worked together with Ersi Venetsanou and Costas Vrouvas on environments with anthropomorphic metal sculptures, cables and TV monitors connected to oscilloscopes, which were first exhibited at the ORA Cultural Centre in 1981. The aim was for the work to incorporate the viewer’s presence and movements by recording and reproducing the sounds and images in the surrounding space. Many of these elements were present also in his personal work, which was first presented on its own at the Medusa Art Gallery in 1987.
The artist has opted for Plexiglas as his main material, which enables the reflection of motions and colours from the surrounding space and the constant reshaping of images. He exploits its transparency in combination with artificial lighting to create sculptures which juggle with the relations of visible and invisible, empty and full, weightless and heavy. His simple and austere abstract constructions point sometimes to a minimalist or constructivist inspiration and sometimes to a contemporary industrial aesthetic. In his recent installations he exploits to the full the visual and aesthetic potential of Plexiglas, developing an even more dynamic relationship with the space and the viewers’ motions.
He has also applied himself to interior architecture and the design of utility objects.
He has presented his work in nine solo exhibitions in Athens, Rome and Trieste and in many group shows in Greece and abroad. He participated in the 12th Biennale of Paris (1982), the Sculpture Biennials of the Skironion Museum (1983, 1985, 1996), the Venice Biennale (1995) and the Elytron exhibition at the Macedonian Museum of Contemporary Art (MMCA) in 1995. His works can be found in the MMCA, the Museum of Contemporary Art of Crete and in many public and private collections in Greece and abroad.